Fort Lauderdale is a very popular area full of things to do. However, you don’t always have to empty your wallet to have fun in this part of Florida. Here are some of the best free things to do in Fort Lauderdale.
The Hollywood Broadwalk is a great choice along the beach. This 2.5-mile walk provides a look at the ocean and plenty of time in the sun.
Another choice is snorkeling from Lauderdale-By-The-Seas. This three-tiered reef system will allow you to discover plenty of underwater beauty within the area.
If you love to watch people and enjoy the outdoors at the same time, you can enjoy the Fort Lauderdale beachfront promenade. Many good areas along the beachfront provide the perfect place to watch all the people. Another good choice for people watching is Deerfield Beach. This is also a great place to watch the sunset.
Fridays and Saturdays provide plenty of fun on Las Olas Boulevard and you can take the trolley there. This area is known as the Arts and Entertainment District and it’s full of free weekend fun.
Other great free options in the Fort Lauderdale area include:
- Free Concerts and Dancing Under the Stars – Monday – Wednesdays and Saturdays at Hollywood Beach Theater
- Broadwalk Friday Fest at the Hollywood Broadwalk
- A1A Marathon in February
- Dolphins Football training Camp in July and August
- Live Mermaid Swims at Wreck Bar on Fridays
- Lauderdale Air Show at the Fort Lauderdale Beach the last weekend of April
- Las Olas Art Fair in January and March in Downtown
- Saturday Nite Alive from June to September at Fort Lauderdale Beach
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade – held on the third Saturday in December
All of these attractions and events provide plenty of free fun in Fort Lauderdale. There are many other options throughout the area for no charge or for very cheap, as well.