Fort Lauderdale is full of culture, entertainment and arts. You will find plenty of museums, music venues and so much more very close to the city.
Many of the best choices for entertainment and arts are found in the Riverwalk District. This area is full of year-round venues including world-class concert venues, incredible art galleries, plenty of fine dining and all types of shopping. Whether you seek a top concert or you just want to enjoy fine art, you’ll find it here.
This is the location of the Bal Harbor Shops, which is one of the top shopping complexes in all of South Florida. You will also find plenty of dining options here including:
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House – 2525 North Federal Highway
- Steak 954 – 401 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard
- 15th Street Fisheries – 1900 SE 15th Street
- da Campo Osteria – 333 Northeast 32nd Avenue
- 3030 Ocean – 3030 Holiday Drive
- And More!
Along with the great dining and shopping, there’s always something happening in the Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District.
Many events happen here from tours of the Historic Stranahan House Museum to public tours of the Bonnet House and so much more. Here are a few of the special events coming up very soon.
- Suntrust Sunday Jazz Brunch – June 1st from 11am to 2pm – This event happens on the first Sunday of every month and provides plenty of great jazz music and fun.
- The Voice: Live on Tour – June 26th from 7:30pm to 9:30pm – The Voice Tour will bring some of the hottest new starts to the area to perform. Some of the artists will include Tessanne Chin, Jacquie Lee, Will Champlin, Dia Frampton and many more. This event will happen at the Broward Center.
- American Idol Live! Tour 2014 – July 19th from 8pm to 10pm – American Idol will bring some of their hottest stars to the area to perform, as well. Performers will include C.J. Harris, Caleb Johnson, MK Nobelette, Dexter Roberts and more.
- Cirque Dreams: Jungle Fantasy – July 22nd to July 27th – The Broward Center will hold this incredible Broadway show for about a week in July.
These are just a few of the many events coming to the Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District in Fort Lauderdale. Plenty more are on the schedule and there are always local bands playing throughout the area, too.